Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 74

[quote-579677-Ahavati]ACK! @ Mrd. quote]

Just keepin' you on yr toes, Ahavati. The Monarch caterplller is vividly arrayed in HERE I AM IN MY CAN'T MISS ME OUTFIT. They actually taste horrible or so say the birds who have tried them--once. Great survival adaptation. Even Bert Lahr with his "Bet you can't eat just one) line would stop at one.

Miss that guy.

And I still can't figure out the quote thing. And, no, I need no help from anyone, ty.

The_Darkness_Insid
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024
Forum Posts: 273

Is there any kind of poetry content or subject matter that isn't allowed?

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2799

As I expected, my friend Alia got messed over by Pinterest... pretty much the same way as it happened to me, and for the same absurd reasons. She's planning on moving to DeviantArt herself, or at the very least to a similar type of site, and I told her that's the smartest move she can make if she wants to have a safe and comfortable space where she can showcase any art or images that she creates herself. A mutual friend of hers and mine, a girl we know from Pakistan, she has been having better luck on Pinterest than we did in that she has not fallen prey to the rather tyrannical artificial intelligence that runs its' moderation system. She sticks mostly on there to subjects pertaining to Islamic art, culture, and Arabian Nights style myths and legends... things Alia and I also have an interest in and fondness for... and it seems that, thankfully, those are things that Pinterest has no problems with. She steers clear of any images that could be even remotely construed as “provocative” by Pinterest, and she told me that she keeps her boards within the realm of G to PG rated stuff only, with only the occasional dip into PG-13 territory, and even then, she is careful. I still think it is silly that Pinterest seems to have a problem with classical depictions of subjects from ancient Greek and Roman myths and legends, and any depictions from other cultures that have the same vibes to them. Like, no tasteful nude depictions of Aphrodite or Apollo, apparently! Which is silly. And apparently, no images of kissing either? Which is just crazy. All in all, it seems excessive of Pinterest to me, but if one of my friends is doing well on there, I am happy for her. Plus, she forwards to Alia anything she thinks I might like off the site just like Alia was doing for me, so there's that at least. Now, as for how I've been doing over on DeviantArt, it's fantastic!

I've been a member there for years now, and every day I attract more and more followers who like my artworks and writings. Any writings too big for Deep Underground Poetry, I post over on DeviantArt. My two biggest works of all on there being “An Alternate Armageddon” which is a deep spiritual work of mine connecting to one of my most ancient past lives, which is 58 pages in length... and “Legacy of the Lich”, which is a very heavily fictionalized work that combines some of my past life memories and spiritual experiences into a surreal work of Gothic horror fiction that is all about depraved vampires, mysterious demons, devils of both the supernatural and human varieties, and a lich that used to be a vampire and who is on a slow path to redemption through love across several incarnations. That work is 46 pages in length, and both are works that I began writing many, many years ago but which I finished only within the past few years. Legacy of the Lich I finally finished this year and put up on DeviantArt recently. Since they are for mature readers only, you can only read them if you are a member of DeviantArt and of course of the appropriate age. Otherwise, the content will not appear. In any case, here are the links to both of these works of mine, for those interested in reading them:

https://www.deviantart.com/tladyjessica/art/An-Alternate-Armageddon-923718466
https://www.deviantart.com/tladyjessica/art/Legacy-of-the-Lich-1040472492

In other news, my former best friend on Facebook, Brynn, lied to me and I am no longer on speaking terms with them. Over the past year, I had been keeping them posted about things going on in my life, and they got to the point where they told me they would prefer for us to communicate by email instead of by Facebook's chat messenger. We exchanged email addresses, and I sent Brynn an email updating them on what was new in my life. They promised to reply, then ghosted me. I can only assume they were not as open-minded as they claimed to be. It hurt, because I trusted them with my deepest, darkest things but in the end, they proved unworthy of that trust, as can happen with some people. Then, poor Chloe meant well by trying to get me to be friends with a girl named Nadia whom she met on a Disney Princess group on Facebook, but Nadia totally ghosted me just like Brynn did only... we had only just got to the point where we were communicating regularly when she cut all contact. It was just as well, since Nadia only spoke French and I was not fond of using Google Translate to communicate with her. I only know a bit of French myself, and not enough to have full conversations, so it was awkward for me anyway. In the end, both Chloe and I removed Nadia from our friends lists since she ghosted Chloe as well. Chloe apologized to me for getting me involved with Nadia, but I told her it was okay and not her fault. You honestly can't tell how someone is going to turn out to be sometimes. People can be jerks.

Over on the home front, Zoey's family has been as difficult for me to deal with as usual. Them being conservative Christians and me being formerly a Luciferian Gnostic Pagan who is now a progressive, liberal Muslim following a series of powerful spiritual and religious visions and dreams that came to me during the past year, which opened my eyes to a great deal that I had not considered. They hate how I dress, think, and believe, so I never speak to them about any of it. Only Zoey, and Chloe, know about my full beliefs, and I haven't even talked with my old flame Camilla about it either since I rarely hear from her enough for it to matter. So it has been a private matter for me, and one I am not yet speaking about openly on Facebook due to people being so bigoted there at times. I had an argument with a conservative Christian on Facebook recently, who disliked that I referred to Christ as a great prophet, as opposed to referring to him as God. But in my beliefs only Allah can be given that title and this person did NOT want to hear it. I merely explained to them my reasoning and left it at that. I am sure it left them raging, but that says to me that if they feel the need for so much rage then they do not have the peace in their beliefs they claim to. I turned 50 this past March and have not been happy with Zoey's sister constantly making me feel bad about my age. Especially since everyone tells me I look ten years younger! I am not a vain person, but rude is rude and that woman is always rude to me. Luckily, this past week she hasn't been home a lot, so I haven't had to deal with her as much. Zoey is still saving up for us to get our own place by the end of the year, so I am being patient about things. I the meantime, I discuss neither religion nor politics with these people. And that is everything presently new with me.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14763

Wow, Kou! That's a LOT.

People that ghost typically haven't come to terms with their own power or voice, and don't know how to set boundaries and be honest. Instead, they choose the escapist route as to not deal with it. Unfortunately, they will face the same lesson over and over under different circumstances until they've learned.

Happy your DeviantArt experience is going well. I remember you sharing about Pinterest.

It's rough when you don't have a place of your own. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2305

Like the Desert T
i talked about in the spill a day or 2 ago
i am struggling
crawling to Finish

i think i am OK
but Feeling wise,
i am not certain

been struggling a lot with past memories.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

You're doing fabulous, Tallen! We're all in no-man's land right now. Fatigue has taken hold until T-Minus TEN DAY COUNTDOWN initiates. Then a fresh stream of hope accompanied by determination will kick in.

Today is a good day. We had a very nice party last night for my grandson and I conducted a professional shoot. The images are just excellent and capture his current age. Next year he will look totally different.

On the national front. . .I am relieved that many Arab nations are standing with the US, England, and France.
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/12729/240/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Another beautiful spring day in the South! I am SO looking forward to this tonight!

nightbirdblue
Dangerous Mind
United States 7awards
Joined 24th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 150

Well I’m feeling great in the NaPo comp, I had a handful of prompts that have been so helpful!

In other news… I used to be a Fire of Insight, but recently I’ve been downgraded to a Dangerous Mind. What’s up with that? I had no idea we could go backwards in rank.

Does anyone even know what the requirements are to get bumped to the next level?

Enjoying spring time lately, tulips have suddenly emerged in the neighborhoods, and the flowering trees are breathless as always. Feeling good about winning the Spring comp, especially being up against some skilled opponents!

nightbirdblue
Dangerous Mind
United States 7awards
Joined 24th Sep 2017

For example - this person joined years after me, has posted fewer poems, made fewer comments, fewer forum posts, and fewer group posts than me, yet they are a Fire of Insight, while I was knocked down to a Dangerous Mind. Just doesn’t seem right!

Liziantus-Marantus
Ivelina Boneva
Thought Provoker
Bulgaria
Joined 7th Nov 2018
Forum Posts: 100

I'm not quite sure what it requires to bump into the next rank, I myself posted a poem today and became a Thought Provoker from a Twisted Dreamer. Could be just how active I have been lately,who knows?

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5893

Rankings go up on a combination of poems + comments made + forum posts.

Once you get a combination of 5000 of all of those, you reach the top ranking (tyrant of words)

If you delete poems and the comments that go with them, your forum ranking will go down if the combination equals less than the required amount for the rank.

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1257

nightbirdblue said:

In other news… I used to be a Fire of Insight, but recently I’ve been downgraded to a Dangerous Mind. What’s up with that? I had no idea we could go backwards in rank.

Does anyone even know what the requirements are to get bumped to the next level?

Hi, Nightbird.

To the best of my knowledge, a 'Dangerous Mind' is the grade above a 'Fire of Insight', so in fact you have been promoted, not demoted.

Best wishes. 💐

nightbirdblue
Dangerous Mind
United States 7awards
Joined 24th Sep 2017

ajay said:

Hi, Nightbird.

To the best of my knowledge, a 'Dangerous Mind' is the grade above a 'Fire of Insight', so in fact you have been promoted, not demoted.

Best wishes. 💐

Well shit, after some forum searching for rankings…  you’re right! Heh heh heh… thank you!

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1257

Ha! My pleasure 🙃

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2645

this video describes some of what I feel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORaln6aPqUk

Go to page:
Go to: