Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14769

nightbirdblue said:

Well shit, after some forum searching for rankings…  you’re right! Heh heh heh… thank you!

Bwahahahaha! One of *those* days!

crimsin said:this video describes some of what I feel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORaln6aPqUk

Never heard of that one before. When we don't have words, we have music.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Meanwhile, @ 88°, I'm donning a tank top and top knot trying to avoid turning on the air conditioner, which I don't typically do until May! This ain't last year's spring for sure.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Today has been a DAY! We had a BEAUTIFUL rain shower before the skies parted. The cherry blossoms are out!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Here we go! Temps are plummeting tomorrow! Or so says the weather. The good news is that my pansies will continue to thrive in the coolness! I planted a Swiss Giant Mix last autumn and they're wonderful! Anyone else gardening out there?

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1207

It's finally sunny and warm here, and I can get clothes dry outdoors. Until now,, we've had to keep lighting the woodburner overnight for that.

I'm happy, but feeling pretty crappy with severe allergies, swollen sinuses, constant headaches and wheezing. It's the new normal for this time of year... I"ve had them badly for 5 years. I still want to go swimming to practice for my charity event, but can't summon the energy.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Down in the 40's and COLD RAIN today! Last year I didn't have to cut my air on until June because spring lasted forever! I was worried this week about having to cut it on when temps hit 88°! That worry is now gone!

I love rainy Sundays. It forces the world to slow down and rest.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Will it survive this cold snap? The sun is glorious today but it's still chilly.

Liziantus-Marantus
Ivelina Boneva
Thought Provoker
Bulgaria
Joined 7th Nov 2018
Forum Posts: 100

I'm actually really excited for 18th of May next month,as my birthday is coming soon,and I'll get to pick out a cake,maybe even chocolates to give away..
We'll see if that goes smoothly!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Today is National Book Day and I treated myself to this!

Liziantus-Marantus said:I'm actually really excited for 18th of May next month,as my birthday is coming soon,and I'll get to pick out a cake,maybe even chocolates to give away..
We'll see if that goes smoothly!

Ah, A third-decan Taurus! Nice!

In national news, the "trial" of the century has begun!
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/12729/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Late lunch reading! New oracle deck and book!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1788

25th April is a big National Holiday in Portugal - The Carnation Revolution Day - when the 40-year Salazar Dictatorship ended. Was in 1974, so today is the 50th anniversary thereof. Am staying home.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/25/everyone-was-in-the-streets-i-just-felt-happiness-portugal-recalls-the-carnation-revolution

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

That sounds like our Independence Day from the British Monarchy celebrations, Josh. I don't go out to them anymore either. I'm content in my garden. Speaking of. . .I thought WTF?! When cleaning my back patio this morning.

Have you ever seen a spiny backed crab orb weaver? I had to google it! Quite different from our standard writing spider.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Today is chilly and overcast. I would love nothing more than to spread out on the sofa with a soft throw and sleep—even the cat has been sleeping all day rather than go outside.

In other unrelated news, this was snapped yesterday afternoon.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

GORGEOUS spring weather. I should be preparing to transplant my begonias but my pansies are exploding because of the recent cold-snap. I'll wait until the first New Moon of May. In the interim. . .there's this sweetie!

On the national scene, SCOTUS should just vote for a coronation rather than immunity decision: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/12729/270/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

BLOODY EXHAUSTED!

Go to page:
Go to: