So, how are we all?

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5946

Oh god not me. I LIVE for autumn.

Crunchy leaves. Hot chocolate. Big jumpers. Chunky boots. Samhain. Mist and fog.

My soul is made of it.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1208

Dark. Drizzle.  Vanishing hope.  More dark.  I'll borrow your enthusiasm when the time comes!

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2799

Northern_Soul said:Oh god not me. I LIVE for autumn.

Crunchy leaves. Hot chocolate. Big jumpers. Chunky boots. Samhain. Mist and fog.

My soul is made of it.

I too adore the autumn! Something that I mention in a lot of my writings, along with the magic of the Samhain season, something that never fails to capture the attention of my heart. Something that grips it like no other season can. Though I tend to seek to find the beauty in all of them! Mist and fog are very primal to me, like aspects of a primal otherworld in which ancient magic is almost tangible in its' forms. The veil between worlds and realities is most thin during that time of the year too, and some of my most powerful spiritual and mystical experiences have happened during the Samhain season. Hot chocolate is definitely something I too am fond of very much! Super tasty indeed. I remember playing in the leaves when I was little, so crunchy leaves have more than a bit of nostalgia for me. I remember making school projects with autumn leaves too, and those were great fun to create! Along with picking up pinecones in the yard and playing with them, extracting every last bit of joy the autumn could bring before winter hit each year. Great memories! I used to go hiking with my family at a place in my teen years where they had trails that every autumn had trees with colors that made it appear like we were walking down a colorful tunnel of bright and beautiful leaves, with golden sunlight shining through them. I always had a lifelong love for the autumn season! Made stronger by my love of gothic stories about things like vampires, witches, werewolves and ghosts... all staples of the Samhain season thanks to Halloween. Can't get enough of all that! It just sings to me very deeply, with a certain darkly romantic vibe that I totally adore. :)

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Been feeling a bit peaky for a couple of days, but have spent those days mostly asleep and am feeling better. It's quiet here! One of the kids is in Riga, and the other is on a constant round of sleepovers and trips out with friends.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I have ben chilling in the aligator alley

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRAVVbd3/?k=1

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Just made French toast with honey.

I’ve had worse mornings.

JiltedJohnny
Fire of Insight
Netherlands 3awards
Joined 8th Apr 2022
Forum Posts: 97

Hoi hoi
I’ve tried to engage the smallest possible letter, but it is impossible. Small, because I feel like I’m against the grain a bit.

Spring, summer and fall (as long as the temperature is decent) are really ok for me. Don’t like winter as it is more or less a somewhat colder autumn.

In Mediterrane countries I find heat up to 32, 33 rather easy to do. It’s a dryer kind of warmth. Very nice.

So this is how I am: very nice.
Got up at 5 40 this morning. Wrote two lyrics and 4 ideas for future lyrics. Put on the kettle for tea and the mocha pot. Got my fresh bread out of the oven. Couldn’t think of anything better to wait for the missus to come downstairs.

Nice question, thank you @wafflenose!
Kind regards, Gus

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Sounds like a great start, Gus and Missy. Rabbitquest, please explain!

During term time, I sleep for around 4 hours per night, and that's with a whole bunch of (legal) meds to knock me out a bit.  I finished work for the summer 5 days ago (hooray!), was immediately hit with days of migraines (normal. unfortunately) and am just getting over that... but have turned into a massive sleepyhead.  I didn't sleep well last night, but then had a lie-in, and a 1.5 hour nap this afternoon!  What is going on?!

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2916

Wafflenose said:Sounds like a great start, Gus and Missy. Rabbitquest, please explain!

During term time, I sleep for around 4 hours per night, and that's with a whole bunch of (legal) meds to knock me out a bit.  I finished work for the summer 5 days ago (hooray!), was immediately hit with days of migraines (normal. unfortunately) and am just getting over that... but have turned into a massive sleepyhead.  I didn't sleep well last night, but then had a lie-in, and a 1.5 hour nap this afternoon!  What is going on?!

Cannabis is a good legal med

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I've lost track of what it's legal for these days.  Have never dabbled.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Wafflenose said:I've lost track of what it's legal for these days.  Have never dabbled.

I use cannabis lotion for my condition daily. I must say it does help.

I also tried a shakti mat today for the first time to reduce said pain. Another massive surprise of the day. Really does work for me, so that’s pleasing

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I have a bunch of things going on. Most all-encompassing is EDS and associated wide-spread acute and chronic pain. Asthma, allergies, migraines, lactose intolerance, social phobia, severe mood disorder.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Wafflenose said:I have a bunch of things going on. Most all-encompassing is EDS and associated wide-spread acute and chronic pain. Asthma, allergies, migraines, lactose intolerance, social phobia, severe mood disorder.

Ooo let’s join in!

Early onset spinal arthritis, one kidney, asthma, anaemia, migraine, lactose intolerance, OCD, Trichotillomania, and I’m slightly deaf in one ear! Yay!

(All of which is solved by a damn good swim)

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Bingo! (between us!)
I suspect I have arthritis in my thumbs and right hip, as a result of EDS.  I need to have my foot rebuilt and will need a hip replacement in later life, but they only like to do those once or twice.  Apparently I'm too young.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

After feeling stingy (due to being skint) for months, I bit the bullet yesterday and went to the osteopath.  I had a cervical vertebra waaaay out of alignment, and the surrounding muscles were holding on for dear life... all clenched and knotty.  There were a couple of bonus ribs out too.  Last night was my first pain-free night in months, and today has been my second migraine-free day in a fortnight.  I've been guzzling triptans like they're going out of fashion, but am only allowed six every six weeks and had to do something!!  

Today, I had a clear out upstairs and jettisoned a bin bag full of paper/ sheet music.  I arranged stationery and craft stuff in and around a new desk to my liking, ordered supplies for making my Christmas cards, vaccuumed  the bedrooms upstairs and down the stairs. and made myself sneeze a lot.  My 16 year old finally arrived home after two weeks of living it up in Europe, so  I'm sure there will be plenty of laundry to do imminently!

Go to page:
Go to: