Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14769

brokentitanium said:

Is this a typo, or did I get advance credit for today?? (I keep double-checking the date....)

Oops! Thanks! It's been corrected. Typically, my team keeps me straight! But we're all so damn tired back here it slipped past us all!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Best laugh of the day ( hell, week! )! A team member reported there had been no violence yesterday!

I am sure they meant to type 'violations' but autocorrect changed it to violence! Pretty apropos for current events!

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 373

Ahavati said:Best laugh of the day ( hell, week! )! A team member reported there had been no violence yesterday!

I am sure they meant to type 'violations' but autocorrect changed it to violence! Pretty apropos for current events!

Lol I was confused of your replies😁😂

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Summerrain75 said:

Lol I was confused of your replies😁😂

We're ALL exhausted! I appreciate the Universe kicking in that laugh!  

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 373

Ahavati said:

We're ALL exhausted! I appreciate the Universe kicking in that laugh!  

We need a good laugh after 21 days of writing. I'm enjoying this year's NaPo despite the distractions of daily life.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Summerrain75 said:

We need a good laugh after 21 days of writing. I'm enjoying this year's NaPo despite the distractions of daily life.

Yes! This Veteran Team has been a Godsend to me this year! Well-oiled machine!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1207

Why, thank you!
I'm probably going back to writing normal poems next year, instead of spending hours and hours each day wracking my brains to come up with some new puzzle or cipher. Rhyming isn't my usual style, but has also been a bit of a theme! The trouble is, people are now expecting this stuff, and I'm expecting it of myself with only 9 days left to go.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Wafflenose said:Why, thank you!
I'm probably going back to writing normal poems next year, instead of spending hours and hours each day wracking my brains to come up with some new puzzle or cipher. Rhyming isn't my usual style, but has also been a bit of a theme! The trouble is, people are now expecting this stuff, and I'm expecting it of myself with only 9 days left to go.

No way I could do something like that with my schedule. I am surprised I have maintained the way I have this year. I've stayed a month ahead in business. I worked three months to get a month ahead for NaPo. I never expected to stay that far ahead but it's alleviated so much deadline pressure I'm going to stay that way. It also gives me editing room.

Thanks, NaPo!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1207

I don't actually have the time... it's been at the expense of  sleep! 🤣

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It's becoming clearer and closer now, NAPOETS! We're on the verge of the Oasis of Awards! Woot!

Sandworms are all over the place, snatching days from NaPoets! If you slip get back up and keep going!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

T-MINUS EIGHT DAYS, NAPOETS! Those who have already posted today only have SEVEN more to go! Hang in there! Sandworms are EVERYWHERE! Watch your step!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

THANK GOD MERCURY STATIONS DIRECT IN THE MORNING! Whoo hooo! I believe this is the FIRST NaPo that has been under the influence of Mercury Retrograde that I've ever participated in. We're still going to be in a shadow period for another week, so in essence, this entire challenge was under its influence!

T-MINUS SEVEN MORE TO GO, NAPOETS! To those who have already posted this morning it's T-MINUS SIX!

How are you feeling? Tired? Accomplished? Drained?! Looks like we're getting closer to that Oasis of Awards!

Josiah
Twisted Dreamer
United States 3awards
Joined 8th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 71

I'm having to do some unexpected traveling tonight for work tonight, I will not be able to post today unfortunately.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

WoooooHoooo, NaPoets! Looks like we're going to get 32 to the Oasis of Awards! T-MINUS SIX DAYS TO GO! For those who have already posted today, T-MINUS FIVE DAYS TO GO!

How ya hang'n NaPoets?! Do you even know what day it is?

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1388

I’m feeling like I need cake. Lots and lots of cake.

Go to page:
Go to: