Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1207

As it happens, I got as far as I could, and it happened to have exactly 52 unique words!! Very relieved. So, the O (which is a valid spelling) and Y (which isn't) don't matter at all. :)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14745

O! was fine and has been used in sonnets for centuries. But, yeah, the Y, no.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Ah! Well, we have 51 valid words then, and one pseudo-word, for tonight only. Hopefully said poem will amuse.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Great NaPoets of 2024! We are TWO days away from the final leg of this journey! You're written admirably! You've written bravely! You've pushed through fear, doubt, and uncertainty. You've braved the desert and its sandworms! Don't give up now!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Wafflenose said:Ah! Well, we have 51 valid words then, and one pseudo-word, for tonight only. Hopefully said poem will amuse.

Hey, you beat the minimum by one! That's good!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I'm having so much fun!

I thought that by now, I'd have fallen back into my normal styles of (a) introspective, stripped back free verse and (b) rhyming silliness or rants. Instead, I've written ONE 'normal' poem for the challenge so far, and for all the others have tried out new techniques, alphabets, codes and puzzles. Not exactly making life easy for myself, am I?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Wafflenose said:I'm having so much fun!

I thought that by now, I'd have fallen back into my normal styles of (a) introspective, stripped back free verse and (b) rhyming silliness or rants. Instead, I've written ONE 'normal' poem for the challenge so far, and for all the others have tried out new techniques, alphabets, codes and puzzles. Not exactly making life easy for myself, am I?

Mercury, the Prince of Communication in all forms, is Rx! NOTHING is predictable!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

T-MINUS ONE DAY TO HOMESTRETCH, NAPOETS! If you slip, get back up and carry on!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

T-MINUS ONE MORE DAY, NAPOETS! You hit that homestretch!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1388

we can do it, friends! we can do it!

WillowsWhimsies
Dangerous Mind
United States 16awards
Joined 8th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 256

Going to be out communing with nature this weekend. So I might be chasing internet on the 20th...fingers crossed I can get a connection. 🤞

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 900

I can’t believe we’re already here, how exciting!  I’ve been reading through the thread and enjoying all the gorgeous poems!  Woohoo, 19 down, 11 to go!

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 524

The sand worms got me today, I was really struggling and the weekend now seems quite daunting as I know I will have even less time, however that said we must use the down hill slope to gather some momentum. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. Only 11 to go does sound do-able.  

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1887

surprised I've got here so far with unique words only

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

WillowsWhimsies said:Going to be out communing with nature this weekend. So I might be chasing internet on the 20th...fingers crossed I can get a connection. 🤞

If you feel you can't get a connection then reach out to me or a team member and request an absence. Per the guidelines you can request up to two days for such cases as no internet or traveling and no sandworm will strike you.

Go to page:
Go to: