Isgyppie_ said:I need this to happen! Xx

Well that's good because it's happening. Xx

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 938

Ahavati, I posted the reason now. Does that resolve it?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14702

SatInUGal said:Ahavati, I posted the reason now. Does that resolve it?

Absolutely. Thank you. xo

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1205

I maybe should have taken a leaf out of Gahddess' book, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel every day!!! I've been trying out new techniques and topics, writing puzzles and ciphers, and using different 'alphabets' (e.g. Roman numerals, musical notes, letters that can be typed on a calculator!), which is HARD WORK! It was fine until I returned to full-time work this week. With two jobs, two kids and a major charity fundraiser going on this week, I'm feeling tired and overwhelmed. My house is a complete mess. One day at a time, hey?

So now, I need to tidy up, write something vaguely intelligent, then consult my spreadsheet.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1189

Gahddess_Worship said:

For some reason I'm still in a good flow. I'll admit to covering some familiar ground topic wise but they're topics for which I'm passionate. A close friend threw down the gaunlet and asked me to put right this quote by G. K. Chesterton "poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." So, who knows I might try and write a queso poem...don't worry I won't use queso in the poiem. I'm not sure how gouda it will be (ba dump bump tsssssssssss)

LOL I'm definitely here for a cheese poem! And I'm constantly re-hashing old topics, because that's what the muse tells me to write.

Last year (or some other NaPo, who knows...) I asked my daughter for a prompt, and she said "farts, and cheese"... so that's what I wrote about. Not one of my better efforts, but it did the trick. So. Tell that Chesterton dude that THIS poet hasn't been silent on the topic of cheese.

The_Darkness_Insid
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024
Forum Posts: 253

Hey. New guy. Was just looking for somewhere to share some stuff I wrote. Found this place. Lets see how it goes.

Kinkwizard_95
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 21st Feb 2024
Forum Posts: 61

Hello new guy, welcome to your new home ✨

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Gahddess_Worship said:

For some reason I'm still in a good flow. I'll admit to covering some familiar ground topic wise but they're topics for which I'm passionate. A close friend threw down the gaunlet and asked me to put right this quote by G. K. Chesterton "poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." So, who knows I might try and write a queso poem...don't worry I won't use queso in the poiem. I'm not sure how gouda it will be (ba dump bump tsssssssssss)

*cough*

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/12700/#573603

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 780

The_Darkness_Insid said:Hey. New guy. Was just looking for somewhere to share some stuff I wrote. Found this place. Lets see how it goes.
Welcome to DU, New guy.  You have come to the perfect forum to share your poetry.  You may not, however, share it in this discussion thread, which is dedicated to members currently participating in the NaPo2024 challenge.

The NaPo train has shuttled off without you this year, because you have come to DU after the registration deadline; moreover, we are already more than halfway through.  You are free to post your poems - up to two pieces in every 8-hour period - under your personal profile.

Looking forward to seeing what you bring.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Yo! Ho! Desert Dwellers! We've lost some along the way; we've tripped, we've stumbled, but for the most part we keep rising and we keep going, and that's what matters! It doesn't matter how many times we fall - what matters is getting up and carrying on!

The finish line is what determines our success! Not what happens in between! Onward and upward!

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2643

hey there beautiful Ahavati good morning I love your submission today it is beautifully inspiring 💕

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

A quick question, as I *think* I can surmise from here, but it isn't covered explicitly...

"What counts as 1 unique word: Contractions | Ampersands | One letter words such as "a" or "I" | Numbers such as "4" | Hyphenated words such as "sugar-free" | Power words such as "Freedom" "

Do other one-letter words count, e.g. Y in the place of WHY? A bit niche, I know... but today in the desert, my typewriter is broken. And it's worse than before, when just the letter E was malfunctioning- this time, I can only use the top line! Oh no!

This might prove to be a non-issue if I can.get well over the 50, but I'm going to have my work cut out!!

Thanks.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

crimsin said:hey there beautiful Ahavati good morning I love your submission today it is beautifully inspiring 💕

Thanks, Bren. xo

Wafflenose said:A quick question, as I *think* I can surmise from here, but it isn't covered explicitly...

"What counts as 1 unique word: Contractions | Ampersands | One letter words such as "a" or "I" | Numbers such as "4" | Hyphenated words such as "sugar-free" | Power words such as "Freedom" "

Do other one-letter words count, e.g. Y in the place of WHY? A bit niche, I know... but today in the desert, my typewriter is broken. And it's worse than before, when just the letter E was malfunctioning- this time, I can only use the top line! Oh no!

This might prove to be a non-issue if I can.get well over the 50, but I'm going to have my work cut out!!

Thanks.

Eh. .  .sounds like lazy texting to me! u no?  

I'm sorry your typewriter is broken, but hopefully you'll find a way around it. Per the guidelines we do allow a 2-day grace period without a sandworm strike if you request it. That might give you time to repair or replace it.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Sorry, I'm in a daft mood and being tongue-in-cheek. As per my (new) tradition of using random word magnets, odd alphabets, Roman numerals etc, I am restricting today's piece to the top row of the qwerty keyboard! I wasn't sure if Y and O could stand in place of WHY and OH, but hopefully I've now got enough other words and it won't matter.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Wafflenose said:Sorry, I'm in a daft mood and being tongue-in-cheek. As per my (new) tradition of using random word magnets, odd alphabets, Roman numerals etc, I am restricting today's piece to the top row of the qwerty keyboard! I wasn't sure if Y and O could stand in place of WHY and OH, but hopefully I've now got enough other words and it won't matter.

Oh good. I would hate to see a bunch of poetry pop up with r u ok? Or various other forms of texting abbreviations.

Go to page:
Go to: