Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14702

ajay said:Hi, A. 💐

Unfortunately, I shall have to withdraw from this year's NaPo. Life has invaded and things have become unexpectedly hectic. ☹️

Best wishes to everyone for a successful journey all the way to May. 🏆

Hate to see you go and wish you well, ajay.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Yo Ho, NaPoets! Looks like Day 14 was a rough one! Some stumbled and are unable to get back up, while others were apparently swallowed by the sandworm! But it still looks like we're going to get 34 across the line!

WELCOME TO THE OASIS OF HALFWAY!

HALFWAY, NAPOETS! Way to hang in there!

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 74

Ajay--damn, dude. I so enjoy everything about you and am already missing you. Helluva deal. Here's wishing you the very best. Flights of angels, all that.

Kinkwizard_95
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 21st Feb 2024
Forum Posts: 61

Like I’m not trying to boast or anything but I genuinely am proud of myself for getting this far 🫶 watch me finally go hit that wall tomorrow though now I’ve said it! I think sometimes I surprise myself, I’m enjoying this competition a heck of a lot, it must be said! 🙏✨

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 74

kinkwiz--I was reading one of your poems as the notification went off and I love it when synchronicity rears her head and zaps me; and I was thinking, this girl can write!

You're proud and I'm grateful Somos dos.

Josiah
Twisted Dreamer
United States 3awards
Joined 8th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 70

I'll share that energy, Kinkwizard_95! I've been on DU for a while, and seldom post anything, but this is the first year that I've participated in this challenge. It's been a true motivator and blessing to be a part of this!

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 938

Tax season got me and I forgot yesterday, but the good news is I had a deep well of inspiration to draw upon today so I wrote a 2-parter. I love it when it flows out of you.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 780

SatInUGal said:Tax season got me and I forgot yesterday, but the good news is I had a deep well of inspiration to draw upon today so I wrote a 2-parter. I love it when it flows out of you.
Note taken, SatinU. Your double-post for day 15 has been justified.
cab

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SatInUGal said:Tax season got me and I forgot yesterday, but the good news is I had a deep well of inspiration to draw upon today so I wrote a 2-parter. I love it when it flows out of you.

Nice to see you back, Kumar. We were sending a hunting party out today. Just a gentle reminder per the guidelines.

Double Posting When Late We encourage you to complete poems ahead of schedule in the event you are prevented from writing and posting by an unexpected event such as a personal crisis, power or Internet failure, etc.

Follow this protocol upon your return: post a maximum of 2 poems per date until you are caught up. At the very bottom of each late post, attach a brief explanation stating why you are posting late whatever reason it may be.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1189

Yesterday I was like "yippee, we're halfway!"  Today, it's "oh crap, we're only halfway...".
It's getting harder, folks, I just hit a wall.
Ugh.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1774

brokentitanium said:Yesterday I was like "yippee, we're halfway!"  Today, it's "oh crap, we're only halfway...".
Ugh.

Reframing things can be such a bugger sometimes ...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Whoo whoo whooo! NaPoets! Welcome to the Halfway Oasis! It's all downhill from here ( with maybe a few boulders blocking the path. But we WILL prevail by working together!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

What I am looking forward to is TIME. Working after NaPo is like living in a house after it's been deep cleaned: it's heaven! There's so MUCH TIME. For the first week I'm like, "Wait, am I forgetting to do something?"

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 835

brokentitanium said:Yesterday I was like "yippee, we're halfway!"  Today, it's "oh crap, we're only halfway...".
Ugh.

For some reason I'm still in a good flow. I'll admit to covering some familiar ground topic wise but they're topics for which I'm passionate. A close friend threw down the gaunlet and asked me to put right this quote by G. K. Chesterton "poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." So, who knows I might try and write a queso poem...don't worry I won't use queso in the poem. I'm not sure how gouda it will be (ba dump bump tsssssssssss)

Isgyppie_
The_perpetual_journey_
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 17th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 59

I need this to happen! Xx

Go to page:
Go to: