Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 74

So I notice all these challenge poems posted and not a one of mine in there, so obviously I have to post them myself and haven't the slightest. Asked for help, but I did not understand the advice. I do not want to be disqualified for making another error so I am just going to let sleeping dogs fly.

Other than that here is 14/30 staring me in the face and I've not the foggiest. Today I am feeling like a fish out of water, one of the great plot-lines of my life. What am I doing here? What exactly is the point? And yet, not an hour ago, I told my caregiver that DUP has given me a reason to keep on keeping on. That it had saved my life, which was an exaggeration, surely, and isn't it remarkable that a mood can change so quickly, that the purr morphs into hiss and the claws come out.

And, after a quick runaway, I'm back. 14/30 jumped out, grabbed me by the throat, and said, "Give it up, suckah."  Which I did, of course.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14693

This day. I just checked the transit chart and now I understand. Okay.

Mrd said:So I notice all these challenge poems posted and not a one of mine in there, so obviously I have to post them myself and haven't the slightest. Asked for help, but I did not understand the advice. I do not want to be disqualified for making another error so I am just going to let sleeping dogs fly.

Mrd, ALL of your poems are within the challenge thread. I just checked the first few and they are still there. The ONLY thing that was hidden was your response to ajay's poem referencing T.S. Eliot ( or whoever - I've forgotten now ) in the actual challenge because no comments are allowed.

My message to you ( early this morning ) explaining that your comment in the challenge thread had been hidden, and why it was hidden, was not harsh in any way.

Other than that here is 14/30 staring me in the face and I've not the foggiest. Today I am feeling like a fish out of water, one of the great plot-lines of my life. What am I doing here? What exactly is the point? And yet, not an hour ago, I told my caregiver that DUP has given me a reason to keep on keeping on. That it had saved my life, which was an exaggeration, surely, and isn't it remarkable that a mood can change so quickly, that the purr morphs into hiss and the claws come out.

Well, that makes both of us foggy, Mrd. And I have no idea why you're hissing or your claws are out. Because I have no idea what you are referring to.  All of your poems are in the actual challenge. THIS is the discussion thread, so your above comment is totally appropriate here.

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020

Ahavati, once again my ineptitude rears its head. The claws are out directed at ME by ME, my inability to understand the simplest of instructions. Had nothing to do with YOU. But in the process of yowling and pissin' and moanin' something tapped at the window and it was 14/30 beckoning me, so I did a quick runaway, took the dictation, came back and posted it in the competition.

And now...15/30 is not all that far away. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1205

Mrd, you are doing amazingly and submitting everything properly. I haven't managed to have a proper read through yet (I have 2 kids and 2 jobs, and am serving on the NaPo team) but I can't wait to read all of your poems, and those of our fellow poets, next month.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Hermes! Get OUT of my NaPo PLEASE!!! Or at least cut down on the confusion! You've had enough fun!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Mrd said:Ahavati, once again my ineptitude rears its head. The claws are out directed at ME, my inability to understand the simplest of instructions. Had nothing to do with YOU. But in the process of yowling and pissin' and moanin' something tapped at the window and it was 14/30 beckoning me, so I did a quick runaway, took the dictation, came back and posted it in the competition.

And now...15/30 is not all that far away. Sorry for the miscommunication.

I didn't take it personally, nor that it was meant for me. I was mostly confused by the below comment that none of your poems were in the challenge thread, when they all are. I don't understand why you think you've made "another" error or that you'll be disqualified? You have no strikes against you because if you have made an error, the team ( myself included ) has notified you, and you have corrected it within the 24 hours.

So I notice all these challenge poems posted and not a one of mine in there, so obviously I have to post them myself and haven't the slightest. Asked for help, but I did not understand the advice. I do not want to be disqualified for making another error so I am just going to let sleeping dogs fly.

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020

Ahavati, let me muddy the waters even more. I was not referring to the poems in the Challenge. I know they're there. But when I log on there is this little notification box which I am invited to check which takes me to what seems like a dedicated page for the Challenge poems to be available to others of the DUP community. What I meant was, I see none of mine in THERE and had asked someone else--not you--how to go about posting some of mine there. She very graciously took the time to direct me and no doubt anyone else could have easily followed her instructions but me--being me--heard the steel door of WTF slam down and I was in instant ga-ga.

I am ready to move on from this and I apologize for my thick-headedness.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Mrd said:Ahavati, let me muddy the waters even more. I was not referring to the poems in the Challenge. I know they're there. But when I log on there is this little notification box which I am invited to check which takes me to what seems like a dedicated page for the Challenge poems to be available to others of the DUP community. What I meant was, I see none of mine in THERE and had asked someone else--not you--how to go about posting some of mine there. She very graciously took the time to direct me and no doubt anyone else could have easily followed her instructions but me--being me--heard the steel door of WTF slam down and I was in instant ga-ga.

I am ready to move on from this and I apologize for my thick-headedness.

It's alright. Are you hashtagging your poems with #NaPoWriMo2024?

EDIT: I am going through all your submissions and tagging them for you. You shoud now be able to see your poems.

EDIT: You already have five hashtags on your Navalny poem, so you will have to remove one so the NaPo tag can be added.

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020

okay, got it. TY very, very much. Daisy also clued me in. "clew" from the ball of thread Ariadne gave to Theseus to help him find his way out of the Minotur's labyrinth. clew=clue.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

You're very welcome. My Team is topnotch and always there to assist. All you have to do is message one of us for assistance, unless the one you messaged was on TeamNaPo. Then I can understand why you brought it public. No matter. It's done and I apologize for 'assuming' you were referring to the challenge thread regarding your missing poems.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 780

Wafflenose said:Mrd, you are doing amazingly and submitting everything properly. I haven't managed to have a proper read through yet (I have 2 kids and 2 jobs, and am serving on the NaPo team) but I can't wait to read all of your poems, and those of our fellow poets, next month.
I find it somewhat compelling to read Mrd's NaPo poem each day.  He writes amazing stuff born of intellectual meanderings around the most interesting subjects.  His deep and honest self-reflections are rife with therapeutic value for both the writer and his audience.

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020

Well, hell, Cab. That brought a tear to my eyes. I needed to hear that. Ty.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 780

Mrd said:Well, hell, Cab. That brought a tear to my eyes. I needed to hear that. Ty.
You are welcome, Mrd (I think of you as Mr D.).  Your "useless dog-eared book in the mail" was what first caught my eye.  I've been reading since then.  I like your introspective glances.  Now I see biblical sketches, and that interests me as a Bible scholar.
You are going to make it through NaPo in fine style.

promisemhone
Promise Mhone
Strange Creature
Malawi
Joined 15th Apr 2024
Forum Posts: 2

Sounds interesting

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1235

Hi, A. 💐

Unfortunately, I shall have to withdraw from this year's NaPo. Life has invaded and things have become unexpectedly hectic. ☹️

Best wishes to everyone for a successful journey all the way to May. 🏆

Go to page:
Go to: