Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14702

Well well, welcome to Day 12, NaPoets! This is one of the smoothest-running NaPo's ever! Everyone knows what to do and they do it! You guys are SLAYING this challenge! Keep up the great poems!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

DaisyGrace said:Don't forget the special thread for Eerie! Ahavati has already started it. If you'd like to add a poem, song, meme, whatever to send support Eerie's way, we'd love to see it and I'm sure Eerie would too.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/12777/#579095

Yes, thank you, Daisy. And to all who have contributed to Elisha's healing journey, it is deeply appreciated.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Yo! Ho! Ho! It's getting hot in Noman's land! We're in the thick of it, NaPoets! We're going slip, but you have others willing to pick you up! Don't give up! Stay the course! It's worth it! The Oasis of Halfway is just ahead!!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

^^^

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Yippeeee! Looks like we're all learning how to smoothly ride the sandworm! We are only TWO days from the Halfway Oasis ( those who've posted today are just ONE )! We've got an MIA we've sent a hunting party out for, but other than a few stumbles here and there, we moving as one! Way to go, NaPoets!

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 371

This is the smoothest NaPo for me. I do not feel the pressure even if I only have a little time left.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1205

Yesterday was the first time I felt a bit panicked. It was my birthday and I was out and about with family and friends, finally sitting down to write at 10.30pm. It didn't turn out the way I planned it, but on the whole, I've been so much happier with my submissions this year. I'm improving, finally!

dimpy
dimpsmoon
Dangerous Mind
India 3awards
Joined 9th Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 112

Belated happy birthday🎂...

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Thank you. I am now counting backwards.

dimpy
dimpsmoon
Dangerous Mind
India 3awards
Joined 9th Mar 2023

Wafflenose said:Thank you. I am now counting backwards.

Backwards counting.. 🤔 there is no age limit to enjoy...

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I feel about 17 (and have for 30 years now!)

dimpy
dimpsmoon
Dangerous Mind
India 3awards
Joined 9th Mar 2023

Wafflenose said:I feel about 17 (and have for 30 years now!)

then it's a matter of great joy and I believe that age should never be a barrier to living life happily and fulfilling one’s hobbies...

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 74

Wafflenose said:Thank you. I am now counting backwards.

"Practice yr beauty, blue girls, before it fail
for I could tell you a story which is true:
I know a lovely lady, blear eyes fallen from blue
and yet it is not long since she was lovelier
than any of you."      --John Crowe Ransom

I remember quoting those lines to the most beautiful woman I ever personally knew forty years ago when I could still run marathons and life was still there with all its glory. Now, forty years later, it still is. Just different. Better, bitter, but glorious

Happy belated. I share snippets of yr life from across the waters and am the direct descendant of a Tory who supported the British during our revolution, had his plantation lands confiscated, fled to Canada and was given a land grant by Geo III.
And, incidentally, met the one indispensable one who eventually trickled down to me.

regards, mrd

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Thank you! :D

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 371

Wafflenose said:Yesterday was the first time I felt a bit panicked. It was my birthday and I was out and about with family and friends, finally sitting down to write at 10.30pm. It didn't turn out the way I planned it, but on the whole, I've been so much happier with my submissions this year. I'm improving, finally!

Belated happy birthday Ellie 🎈 🎈 🎈🎂🎂🎂

Go to page:
Go to: